Come Grow with us at Yoga Garden. New Students Welcome.
If you are a brand new student or are just coming back to your practice after a hiatus, call or sign up with us below for our monthly Introduction to Yoga classes, or start out with one of our Gentle classes.
All of our classes include asana/postures, pranayama/breathwork, dhyana/meditation and relaxation. We also offer guided meditation and pranayama/breathwork classes. Check our schedule for days and times.
Before Yoga Class
- Wear comfortable exercise clothes that are not too loose.
- Please arrive at least 5-10 minutes before class starts.
- Do not eat 2 hours prior to class. If you must eat, a light snack or fruit is best.
- We encourage you to use your own yoga mat if you have one, but we do have mats for public use. New mats are available for sale in our studio.
Questions and Location
- If you have any physical or other issues and have questions, please feel free to give us a call at (919) 267-9264 or email us at email@example.com.
- Yoga Garden is located in in the heart of downtown Apex at the corner of Salem & E. Chatham Street at 101 E. Chatham Street. Please see our Contact Us tab for detailed directions.
- Ample parking is available on the street or in front of the railroad tracks. You may also park behind the building before 8am and after 5pm.
- Reserve Your Space & Check In – It’s best to make a reservation online or via phone call before coming to class to guarantee your space. Even if you have reserved a space, please check sign in and pay at the front desk.
- Be Punctual – Arrive a few minutes early for class so that you have enough time to sign in, pay if you need to, roll out your mat, and get ready for class. Late arrivals are disruptive to the class flow and are difficult to teach through.
- Late Arrivals – If you are going to be late for a class, please call ahead of time so that the teacher can expect your late arrival. If this is not possible, please wait outside the classroom door until the OMs, beginning centering and silent meditation is complete. Enter the classroom as quietly as possible.
- Personal Items – Remove shoes before entering the practice studio. Turn off mobile phones. Because our studio is small please leave personal non-valuable personal items in the cubbies located in the office. Please do not leave your items and/or shoes in the hallway. Only water is allowed inside the practice studio.
- Introduce Yourself – Please introduce yourself if you are new to a teacher and notify your instructor of any injuries or preexisting conditions of which they should be aware. Also, take the time to introduce yourself to others. This supports your yoga practice and builds friendships and community.
- Conversation – Please minimize conversation once inside the practice studio. Use the time before class begins to become quiet and focus inward as you arrive and set-up. Many students find that the few minutes before class are ideal for a short meditation and for setting an intention, so refraining from chit-chat is not just good etiquette but also really beneficial for your state of mind!
- Stay for Savasana (Final Relaxation) – If you must leave early, please inform the instructor before class. Make sure you allow enough leave the room before the beginning of savasana. Leaving during savasana is very disruptive to other students.
- Cleanliness (Saucha) – Please make sure that your body, clothes and mat are clean and odor free. Do not wear heavily scented perfume, oils or antiperspirant as these products can be intensified by the heat of the practice. If you are using a studio mat, spray and wipe with the products we have on the prop shelf
- Make Room – Please make room for everyone. Don’t wait for someone to ask you to make room. If you have to walk about during class, try to avoid walking on other people’s mats.
- Props Placement – Just as you love a guest who stays a few minutes after a party to help you clean up, please put all props back in their proper place after class. Bolsters, blocks, straps, eye-pillows and blankets are all located in the back of the room. If you’ve unfolded a blanket, please refold the blanket neatly and place it in on the stack. Wipe mats clean.
Inquire About Our Yoga Classes.